SUMMARY: The ER/IN-PT Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients in a hospital to either Emergency Room and In-Patient. This nurse will float to either department based on their schedule. This includes coordinating incoming patients, assessing and examining patients, completing patient documentation, plan long-term care needs, administer medicine, use medical equipment, perform minor medical operations, and advise patients and their families on illness, care and continued care after a hospital stay.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITY:
- Quickly assess and prioritize care based on the critical nature and severity of a patient’s condition.
- Stabilizing patients in critical condition. Working quickly & efficiently under pressure to provide immediate care, often with little to no information.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to remain calm in a stressful, labor-intensive environment.
- Excellent time management & prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Possesses assertiveness & patient advocacy.
- Provides care to patients in all stages of life, maintaining safe and effective care to patients with varying acuity levels. Providing treatment to a wide variety of illnesses & injuries.
- Effectively and knowledgeably carries out ER & attending physician orders. Including but not limited to, medication administration, wound care, intubations, defibrillations, auto transfusions, splinting, conscious sedation, hypothermia protocol, while maintaining close patient monitoring to any adverse reactions.
- Ensures follow through of interdisciplinary referrals not limited to respiratory, speech & physical therapy.
- Prepare paperwork & provide discharge teaching to patient & family member. Confirm transportation & follow-up recommendations
- 8+ months of recent working experience as a RN in ER or Med-Surg Setting (not including clinicals)
- Current Unencumbered RN license in state of practice.
- Current BLS & ACLS Card (PALS required for care of adolescents)
- Current TB Screen
- Valid Identification/Driver’s License
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Continually required to lift/push/carry items less than up to 25 pounds