SUMMARY: Physician Liaisons cultivate relationships between healthcare facilities and specialists in the community, with the purpose of determining the latter to refer the medical facility to more patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains relationships with assigned physicians and office staff, provides education on facility services and how to access them.
- Communicating with physicians to help them improve their patient care practices
- Coordinating and reviewing the credentials and qualifications of physicians
- Coordinating with other members of the healthcare team, including nurses, administration
- Providing support for the medical staff by answering questions about policies and procedures
- Managing the flow of information between medical staff members and other departments within the hospital or health system
- Identifies, monitors and documents relationship histories, including details of contacts and meetings with providers and staff, by maintaining a relationship and contact management database.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with providers and/or office staff, including routine and follow-up visits, service recovery issues/concerns, educational opportunities, physician alignment, clinical trials, etc.
- Obtains updated preference cards from physicians and distributes to appropriate staff
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 5 years customer service experience required
- Current TB Screen
- Valid Identification/Driver’s License
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus